A whole-house dehumidifier is a great way to keep your home comfortable and dry all year long. Dehumidifiers remove moisture from the air, which can help reduce the likelihood of mold growth and improve indoor air quality. If you’re in the market for a new dehumidifier, here are some of the best whole-house dehumidifiers to consider in 2023.
Best Whole House Dehumidifier 2023 Comparison Table
| Aprilaire E80 Pro 80 Pint Dehumidifier||Check Price||Aprilaire|| • 80 Pints capacity
• 68 Degrees Fahrenheit
• 15.42"D x 34"W x 15"H
|TOSOT 50 Pint Dehumidifier||Check Price||TOSOT|| • Continuous operation mode
• 70 Pints, 50 Pints capacity
• 32 Degrees Celsius upper temperature
• Internal pump
|Waykar 130 Pints Commercial Dehumidifier||Check Price||Waykar|| • high-efficiency
• 5 Liters capacity
• 14.6"D x 13.4"W x 25.2"H
|Waykar 155 Pints Commercial Dehumidifier||Check Price||Waykar|| • 150 Pints capacity
• Touch control
• 18.1"D x 25.6"W x 14.1"H
|Aprilaire E100 Pro 100 Pint Dehumidifier||Check Price||Aprilaire|| • 64 Pounds
• 280 Cubic Feet Per Minute airflow
• 100 Pints capacity
|Aprilaire E70 Pro 70 Pint Dehumidifier||Check Price||Aprilaire|| • 70 Pints capacity
• 200 Cubic Feet Per Minute airflow
• 33 x 13.04 x 12.88 inches
• Efficient performance
|ALORAIR Sentinel HDi100 Commercial Dehumidifier||Check Price||AlorAir|| • 23.8 x 14.7 x 17.9 inches
• Automatic Defrost
• 220 PPD Dehumidifier
• 88 Pounds
|BASEAIRE Space Commercial Dehumidifier||Check Price||BASEAIRE DRY YOUR CRAWL SPACE & BASEMENT|| • Auto Defrost
• 23.8 x 14.7 x 17.9 inches
• 104 Degrees Fahrenheit
• 220 Pint Dehumidifierupper temperature
|BASEAIRE Space Commercial Dehumidifier||Check Price||BASEAIRE DRY YOUR CRAWL SPACE & BASEMENT|| • Long Time Lasting
• 37 Gallons
• 290 Cubic Feet Per Minute airflow
• 235 Pint Dehumidifier
|CADPXS Commercial Dehumidifiers||Check Price||CADPXS|| • Highly Effective Moisture Removal
• 66 Pounds
• 21.3 x 12 x 12 inches
1) Aprilaire E80 Pro
Aprilaire E80 Pro is a top whole-house dehumidifier that can remove up to 9 gallons of water per day. The unit also features a humidistat, which allows you to set the desired humidity level. Additionally, the Aprilaire E80 Pro has a Washable Air Filter that captures dust and other airborne particles.
2) TOSOT 50
TOSOT 50 is a good quality dehumidifier that is Energy-Star rated and UL-certified. It is effective at removing moisture and also saves money on your monthly utility bill. The dehumidifier is made of solid ABS material and has an internal pump that automatically removes collected water.
The real-time monitoring feature allows you to see the current humidity level and set a target humidity level. The dehumidifier will power off after reaching the target humidity level. The TOSOT 50 is a good choice for a whole-house dehumidifier.
3) Waykar 130
Waykar 130 Pints Dehumidifier takes the top spot as the best whole-house dehumidifier. Not only does it have a large capacity, but it also features an intelligent control panel that makes humidity control easy.
Additionally, the portable design makes it easy to move from one place to another, and the continuous and manual drainage options make it versatile. Finally, the support from Waykar makes this dehumidifier a great choice for anyone looking for a top-quality product.
4) Waykar 155
The Waykar 155 Pint Dehumidifier is one of the best dehumidifiers on the market. It is perfect for large rooms and can remove up to 155 pints of moisture from the air per day. The unit has a digital display, a remote control, and an automatic shut-off feature.
It is also Energy Star certified, which means it is energy efficient and will not cost you a lot of money to operate. The Waykar 155 Pint Dehumidifier is the perfect choice for anyone who wants to remove excess moisture from their home.
5) Aprilaire E100 Pro
Aprilaire E100 Pro is a great dehumidifier for your home as it can remove up to 100 pints of moisture from the air per day. It also features a humidistat so you can set it to your desired level of humidity. This unit is also Energy Star rated so it will not add much to your electricity bill.
6) Aprilaire E70 Pro
Aprilaire E70 Pro is an Energy Star-qualified dehumidifier that can remove up to 70 pints of water from the air per day. It has a humidistat to help you set and maintain your desired level of humidity, and it also features an automatic shut-off function to prevent over-drying. This unit is designed for use in homes up to 3,000 square feet, and it comes with a 1-year warranty.
Best Whole House Dehumidifier 2023: Buying Guide
What Is A Whole House Dehumidifier?
A whole-house dehumidifier is a unit that is installed as part of your home’s HVAC system. It removes the moisture from the air in your entire house, rather than just one room like a portable unit.
Portable units are great for small spaces, but if you have a larger home or suffer from allergies, a whole-house dehumidifier is a better option.
Not only do they improve the air quality in your home, but they can also help reduce utility costs. That’s because when the air is more comfortable, you won’t have to run your AC as much.
Photo Source: sylvane.com
Who Needs A Whole House Dehumidifier?
Humidifiers are essential for people who suffer from allergies, asthma, and other respiratory conditions. They help to soothe the airways and prevent symptoms from occurring. A whole-house dehumidifier can also help to reduce condensation on windows and walls, which can lead to mold growth.
If you live in a humid climate or an area with high humidity, a whole-house dehumidifier is a great way to improve your indoor air quality and make your home more comfortable. These units are designed to work with your HVAC system to remove excess moisture from the air.
When Should You Buy A Whole House Dehumidifier?
You probably already have some idea of how unsettling it can be to live in an area with a high humidity level. It is difficult to breathe due to the thick, muggy air that is present. You might even start to feel a little bit clammy as your clothes start to stick to your skin, your hair starts to frizz up, and your clothes start to stick to your skin.
If this describes how you spend your days, then perhaps you should look into purchasing a dehumidifier that can handle your entire home. Decrease the amount of moisture that is present in the air in your home with a whole-house dehumidifier to make your home feel much more comfortable.
How Is A Whole House Dehumidifier Made?
A whole-house dehumidifier consists of multiple components that cooperate with one another to extract moisture from the surrounding air. The condenser is the most vital component of the system because it is the component that is accountable for cooling and condensing the air that is transported through it. A blower, an evaporator, and a filter are the additional components that make up the unit.
The blower directs airflow into the condenser, where it is cooled and condensed as it passes through the device. The moisture is then extracted from the air by the evaporator, and the filter collects any dust or dirt particles that may be present in the air at that point. After that, the entire apparatus is placed inside a housing that serves to shield it from the outside world.
Photo Source: expertreviews.co.uk
Various Types Of Whole House Dehumidifiers
There are many different types of whole-house dehumidifiers available on the market. You need to select the right one for your needs. Some of the most popular whole-house dehumidifiers include:
1. Centralized Dehumidifier
A centralized dehumidifier is installed in the HVAC system of your home. It works with your existing ductwork to remove moisture from the air.
2. Portable Dehumidifier
A portable dehumidifier can be moved from one room to another as needed. These units are ideal for small spaces or spot-treating problem areas.
3. Dehumidifying Air Conditioner
Some air conditioners have a built-in dehumidifier. This can be a great way to keep your home comfortable and your air conditioner running efficiently.
4. Window Unit Dehumidifier
A window unit dehumidifier can be placed in a window to remove moisture from the air. These units are less expensive than other types of dehumidifiers and can be a good option for small spaces.
Difference Between Whole House Dehumidifier From Others
There are a few key differences between a whole-house dehumidifier and other types of dehumidifiers. The first is the size. Whole-house dehumidifiers are much larger than portable units, which means they can cover a larger area.
The second difference is the way they work. Whole-house dehumidifiers are installed as part of your HVAC system, so they work with your furnace and air conditioner to remove moisture from the air. Portable units, on the other hand, are self-contained and must be placed in the room you want to dehumidify.
The third difference is that whole-house dehumidifiers can be controlled by a central thermostat, while portable units usually have their control panel. This means that you can set the humidity level for your entire home with a whole-house dehumidifier, rather than just the room where the unit is placed.
Finally, whole-house dehumidifiers are much more energy-efficient than portable units. This is because they don’t have to work as hard to remove moisture from the air since they’re installed as part of your HVAC system.
Considerations Before Buying A Whole House Dehumidifier
As you probably know by now, a whole-house dehumidifier is not a cheap investment. To make sure that you’re getting the best possible value for your money, there are a few things you should keep in mind before making your purchase.
1. The Size of Your Home
The first thing you need to consider is the size of your home. The larger your home, the more powerful the dehumidifier will need to be to effectively remove moisture from the air.
2. The Humidity Level in Your Home
If you live in an area with high humidity, you’ll need a more powerful dehumidifier to effectively remove moisture from the air.
3. The Climate in Your Home
If you live in a climate that is hot and humid, you’ll need a more powerful dehumidifier to effectively remove moisture from the air.
4. The Cost of the Dehumidifier
As you probably know, a whole-house dehumidifier is not a cheap investment. To get the best value for your money, you’ll need to consider the cost of the unit as well as the cost of replacement filters and other consumables.
5. The Warranty
Make sure to check the warranty before making your purchase. Most whole-house dehumidifiers come with a one-year warranty, but some manufacturers offer extended warranties for an additional cost.
Benefits Of Whole House Dehumidifier
Here are some benefits of using a whole-house dehumidifier:
- Reduces energy costs – Since a whole-house dehumidifier circulates moist air throughout the entire house, it can help reduce your energy costs.
- Eliminates musty odors – A whole-house dehumidifier can also eliminate musty odors from your home.
- Prevents mold and mildew growth – Mold and mildew thrive in humid environments. By using a whole-house dehumidifier, you can help prevent their growth.
- Improves indoor air quality – Indoor air quality can be improved by using a whole-house dehumidifier.
- Increases comfort levels – Humid air can make your home feel stuffy and uncomfortable. A whole-house dehumidifier can help increase your comfort level by reducing the amount of humidity in the air.
How To Clean A Whole House Dehumidifier?
Here are some tips to help you clean your whole-house dehumidifier:
- Unplug the unit from the power outlet.
- Remove the water bucket from the unit and empty it.
- Clean the water bucket with a mild soap and water solution.
- Wipe down the inside of the unit with a clean, dry cloth.
- Remove the filter from the unit and clean it with a vacuum cleaner.
- Replace the filter and reassemble the unit.
- Plug the unit back into the power outlet and turn it on.
- Adjust the humidity level to your desired setting.
How To Maintain A Whole House Dehumidifier?
Here are some tips to keep your whole-house dehumidifier in top shape:
- Read the manual: This may seem like an obvious first step, but reading the manual that came with your dehumidifier is essential. The manual will have information on how to properly operate and maintain your unit.
- Keep it clean: Just like any other appliance, your dehumidifier needs to be kept clean. Dust and dirt can build up on the coils and in the unit, which can decrease its efficiency. Be sure to regularly clean the coils and empty the water reservoir.
- Check the filter: The filter in your dehumidifier is responsible for trapping dust and dirt particles. Over time, the filter can become clogged, which can decrease the efficiency of your unit. Be sure to check the filter regularly and replace it as needed.
- Don’t put it in an enclosed space: Your dehumidifier needs airflow to work properly. If you put it in an enclosed space, such as a closet, the unit will have to work harder to remove moisture from the air.
- Use a humidistat: A humidistat is a device that measures the humidity in the air. By using a humidistat, you can set your dehumidifier to turn on and off at specific humidity levels. This can help to prevent your unit from overworking and can save you energy.
How To Utilize A Whole House Dehumidifier?
Here are some tips on how you can use a whole-house dehumidifier:
- Set the humidity level according to your needs. Depending on the model, you can usually set it between 35% and 55%.
- Place the dehumidifier in a central location. This will ensure that the air in your entire home is being treated.
- Make sure that the dehumidifier has proper ventilation. Most models come with an exhaust hose that you can attach to a window or vent.
- Empty the water reservoir regularly. Depending on the model, some dehumidifiers will shut off automatically when the reservoir is full.
- Clean the filter regularly. This will help the dehumidifier work more efficiently.
- If you have a humidifier, make sure to use it in conjunction with the dehumidifier. This will help you achieve the ideal humidity level for your home.
Additional Tips When Using A Whole House Dehumidifier
Here are some extra tips to get the most out of your dehumidifier:
- Keep your windows and doors closed as much as possible.
- Use a humidistat to control the humidity in your home.
- Change the filters regularly.
- Clean the coils and drain pan regularly.
- Place the unit on a raised platform to help with air circulation.
- Do not place the unit in a closed space.
- Make sure the room is well ventilated.
If you follow these tips, you will be able to effectively use your dehumidifier and improve the air quality in your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is A Whole House Dehumidifier Worth It?
A whole-house dehumidifier is a great way to improve the air quality in your home. Not only will it help to remove the musty smell that can come with high humidity, but it can also help to reduce the amount of dust and pollen in the air. If you suffer from allergies or asthma, a whole-house dehumidifier can make a big difference in your symptoms.
Is A Whole House Dehumidifier Expensive?
The initial cost of a whole-house dehumidifier can be expensive, but it is an investment that will pay for itself over time. The savings on your energy bill will quickly offset the cost of the unit, and you will also extend the life of your HVAC system by reducing the amount of moisture in the air.
The right whole-house dehumidifier can make a world of difference in your home’s comfort level – and your family’s health. If you live in a humid climate or an older home, investing in a whole-house dehumidifier may be the best way to improve your indoor air quality and reduce your energy bills.
There are a few things to consider when choosing a whole-house dehumidifier, such as the size of your home, the humidity level you’re trying to achieve, and your budget. We’ve compiled a list of the best whole-house dehumidifiers on the market to help you find the perfect one for your needs.
We hope our reviews have given you the information you need to make an informed decision about the best whole-house dehumidifier for your home. Thank you for reading!
Hello everyone, I’m Faisal and I’m the creator of the everyinchclean.com. This blog was born out of my passion for cleaning products and maintaining a healthy home. With over 10 years of experience in cleaning product research and development, I know to help you find the best products on the market today. I strive to provide you with reliable and informative reviews so that you can make an informed decision when it comes to your home cleaning products. I’m excited to share my valuable knowledge and opinion on the latest products, trends and techniques in the world of home cleanliness. Read More About Me Here